He founded the Sayyid dynasty and claimed to have descended from the prophet of Islam.
Before his departure from India, Timur appointed Khizr Khan as governor of Multan.
Captured Delhi and founded the Sayyid dynasty in 1414.
Tried to consolidate the Delhi Sultanate but in vain.
Coins were struck and Khutba was read in the name of Timur.
Died in 1421 and was succeeded by his son, Mubarak Shah.
Mubarak Shah (1421-1434)
- Succeeded Khizr at the throne after his successful expeditions against Mewatis, Katehars and the Gangetic Doab area.
- He was killed by the nobles in his own court.
Muhammad Shah (1434-1443)
- Nobles put Muhammad Shah on the throne, but could not survive long time.
- He was authorized to rule a meager area of around 30 miles & rest of the Sultanate was ruled by the nobles.
Alam Shah (1443-1451)
- Last Sayyid king descended in favour of Bahlol Lodhi and himself retired.
- Thus began the Lodhi dynasty, which confined to Delhi and a few surrounding areas.