Development of Literature during the Mughal Period
Babur and Humauan were lovers of literature.
- He was a great scholar of Persian.
- He wrote a book known as Tuzek-e-Babari which is highly esteemed by the Turkish Literature.
- He got the treatise translated into Arabic.
- He too was a lover of learning and had established a big Library.
- Humayun Nama, tops the books written in his times.
- ‘Akbar Nama’, Sur Sagar, Ram Charitamanas are prominent among the books written during his time.
- Malik Muhammad Jayasis Padmavat and Keshav’s Ram Chandrika were also written during the same period.
- He greatly patronized literature.
- He too was a scholar of a high caliber and wrote his life story.
- Well known scholar named Abdul Hameed Lahori.
- He wrote “Badshah Nama”.
- The literary activities suffered during his time.
- Urdu literature started developing during the last days of the Mughal emperor.
- This credit goes to Sir Sayyid Ahmed Khan and Mirza Galib.
- The language of Sir Sayyid Ahmed Khan was very simple and impressive.
- His compositions inspired the other urdu writer Mirza Galib, who was a famous poet of his time.
- He made an important contribution to uplift Urdu poetry.